9.29.2016

# broccoli cheddar soup # recipes

Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe



A few weeks back, I shared a picture of my homemade broccoli cheddar soup on Instagram @dailyconnoisseur. Many people expressed interest in seeing the recipe, so in today's bonus video, I share it with you!

This soup is so delicious and comforting, especially as the seasons start to change and it gets cooler. I hope you enjoy the video! If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar, or visit my youtube channel www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur



Broccoli Cheddar Soup

1Tbs butter
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp bouillon
2 cups water (or 2 cups of broth, no bouillon)
2 cups low fat milk
4 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup riced cauliflower (optional)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Sauté the chopped onion in a tablespoon of melted butter until soft. Add 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup flour and stir until the flour is blended in. Now add 2 tsp bouillon and 2 cups of water (or you can skip the bouillon and just add 2 cups of either chicken or vegetable broth). Add milk. Stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Then add the 4 cups chopped broccoli and 1 cup riced cauliflower. Let cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a blender at this point if you like your soup to be smooth. I like the large chunks of broccoli, so I leave it as is. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese is melted, about one minute. Take the soup off the heat and enjoy!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Please let me know how you like the soup!



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter


8 comments:

Stephanie Clayton said...

In the cooler months, I am all about homemade soup, especially vegetable soups. I will certainly make this one soon!

Amanda Swilley said...

This is so timely! I'm currently pregnant, and I've been craving broccoli cheddar soup. I'm definitely going to try your recipe!

galant said...

This looks delicious. Over here in the UK broccoli is often teamed with Stilton cheese, but you always need very little blue cheese to give it that wonderful slightly acidic flavour. Maybe cheddar would be a gentler cheese taste. We're very much into soup in autumn and winter, always home made of course. I've even blogged recently about this myself, Jennifer. Today it was minestrone, and tomorrow I expect I shall make either leek and potato or perhaps tomato and courgette (zucchini).
Margaret P

Bliss said...

I'm a soup fanatic and this looks really yummy and simple (I like that it has no cream of whatever soup in it.) Going to try it on the kids tonight!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I made it and it was both easy to make and fantastic tasting! Any time you want to share more recipes, please do so. Yum!

Suze said...

Thank you for the recipe. It turned out great and my 4 year old loved it so much that I sent a bit in thermos for lunch today!

Anonymous said...

Just made this, amazing! It was easy and tastes great. Keep the recipes coming! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Sitting down to enjoy this as I type. YUM! Sooo satisfying. I think this will become my go-to broccoli cheese soup recipe - (and I love the addition of the riced cauliflower - great way to get some more veggies in!) I'm trying to avoid wheat/carbs, so I subbed in almond flour for the regular, and it turned out great (Trader Joe's sells it, if anyone's interested)